Hello, my name is Melissa and I’m a chocoholic. I’ve been a chocoholic for as long as I can remember. But I recently discovered how to get my addiction under control. Gone are the days when I would reach for processed, commercial chocolate. Now, whenever I get a craving for it I rech for the good stuff – high-quality 80% chocolate or even a truffle or two (or three). Reese Peanut Butter Cups were my drug of choice so I was ecstatic to discover a healthy alternative that’s not only gluten-free, vegan and raw, but also guilt-free. The best part is that no one will know, trust me, I’Ve done the test!
Makes 10 mini cups
1/4 cup raw unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp agave syrup
2 tbsp natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
Pinch of sea salt
1. Line a mini cupcake tin with liners and set aside.
2. Combine cocoa powder, coconut oil and agave suryp in a bowl.
3. Scoop half of the chocolate mixture in the bottom of the liners and pop in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
4. In the meantime, mash up the banana with a fork and add the peanut butter and salt.
5. Divide banana mixture among the 10 mini cups and top with the rest of the chocolate.
6. Pop back in the freezer until set, about 1 hour.
7. Remove cups from the cupcake tin and stuff your face!
The best part, each peanut butter banana cup is about 60 calories. And there are so many ways that you could switch up the recipe – almond butter, dried cranberries, coconut… what filling would you choose?
[All photos are my own and not to be used without permission]