I’m one of those weird girls who loves to eat vegetables, fruit and generally clean, healthy foods. But the dark side of me loves sweets. Every once in a while, I get he urge to make treats to satisfy my cravings without undoing all the hard work I’ve put into my workouts and diet. These chocolate banana bites are the perfect thing. Made with ingredients that will benefit your body and satisfy your sweet tooth, they are easy to make and so delicious.
Chocolate Banana Bites
Makes 8 bites
1/2 cup raw cashews, unsalted (or any nut you like)
1/4 cup dates, pits removed
1 tbsp natural peanut butter (I used crunchy)
1/2 cup panko
100 g. dark chocolate
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a food processor, pulse the cashews until you get a fine powder. Careful, any more than that will release the oil from the nut and start to turn it into a nut butter.
3. Add the banana, dates and peanut butter and process until the mixture is evenly creamy.
4. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add in the panko.
5. Using a spoon, make eight balls. Place them on the parchment-lined sheet and place in the freezer for about 10 minutes to set.
6. In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a double-boiler. Once the chocolate is melted, dip each ball in the chocolate to coat evenly and place back on the cookie sheet. Sprinkle each immediately with coconut (the chocolate will set quickly, so sprinkle fast!).
7. Place the balls back in the freezer another 10 minutes to set, then enjoy!
[All photos are my own and not to be used without permission]