You know those times when you want to treat yourself to something sweet, but your inner health nut cries out telling you to not ruin all the hard work you put in at the gym? Well, these cookies are for those moments. They are flourless, vegan (for those of your who like that), and so satisfying. And let’s face it, there’s nothing better than the smell of cookies baking.
There are a few things that make these cookies so wonderful. First, minimal ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Second, minimal effort since all you need to do is throw it all in a food processor and give it a whirl. Finally, maximum satisfaction of a cakey chocolate chip cookie making it’s way into your belly. Need I say more?
Guilt-free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Makes 12 cookies
1 can chickpeas,drained and rinsed
1/2 cup quick oats
1/4 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup raw honey
1/3 cup mini dark chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, add all ingredients except for the chocolate chips and process until smooth.
3. Transfer mixture to a bowl and fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Drop the mixture on the baking sheet. Each cookie should be about 1 tbsp. Make sure to leave about 1 inch between cookies so that they bake evenly.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
[All photos are my own and not to be used without permission]