Throwing a holiday party is a lot of work. From planning the menu, to countless trips to the grocery store and organizing the evening, a hostess has a lot on her plate. So when you’re the guest, not only is it tradition to bring the hostess a gift, it also acts as a token of your appreciation for all the work she has done to create a beautiful evening for you and the other guests. But before you reach for the cliché bottle of wine, take a look at these fresh ideas for gifting your hostess (warning, you may want to keep these for yourself).
1. Jonathan Adler Animalia Coaster Set – This set of 4 porcelain coaster are adorned with gold to bring a little extra glam to the room.
2. Tickle & Kiss Glass Set – The perfect gift if a couple is hosting the soirée.
3. Aurora Striped Mug & Dessert Plate Set – Bold yet classic, the perfect gift to make tea time a little more special.
4. Raised Bloom Measuring Cups – This is one of those things that you wouldn’t typically spend this much on for yourself, but is wonderful as a gift.
5. Clean Green Eats by Candice Kumai – This has been my favourite cookbook of the year. If your hostess loves to cook, she will love this book filled with delicious recipes that as good for your body as they are for the soul.
6. Jewelry Dishes – The perfect dish to keep your everyday jewelry.
7. Copper Cheese Knives – I love the combination of the silver with the hammered copper. Plus, cheese knives seem to be one of those things that you need but don’t have in your kitchen.
8. Decor Bon Bon Pedestal – Top it with cake, cupcakes, even candles when not using for food. A cake stand is a beautiful addition to a kitchen.
9. Heart Spoon – Spread the love with this beautiful heart-shaped spoon carved out of olive wood. Bonus! A part of the proceeds to go help families and communities in Kenya.
10. Pizzazz Good As Gold Pot Holder Set – Anything with gold accents is a winner in my book.