“A balanced diet is a Christmas cookie in each hand”
‘Tis the season! The thing I love most when it comes to baking is Christmas cookies. Yes, baking of any kind makes me happy. But there’s just something about the feeling of the holidays, the snow falling outside, Christmas music playing in the background while baking a batch of cookies. My favourite recipe has always been these gingerbread men (seriously, I make them every year). But this year I’m shaking things up with these vanilla sugar cookies. But there’s a twist, these are a healthier version – dairy-free, gluten-free with a dose of collagen (consider it a gift for your hair, skin, nails and bones). Don’t let the health factor fool you though. These are just as delicious (if not more) than the classic favourite.
2 c. blanched almond flour
¼ c. honey
2 tsp. unsalted butter or coconut oil
½ tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. coconut flour – for dusting
½ c. Vital Proteins Vanilla Collagen Peptides
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and process until a smooth ball of dough forms. Should take about 30 seconds.
- Flatten the ball of dough into a disk approximately 1⁄2” thick and cover in plastic wrap. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper, keeping it 1⁄4” in thickness.
- Remove the top sheet and sprinkle the top of the dough with 1 teaspoon coconut flour, rubbing it in slightly with your fingers.
- Dip a cookie cutter in a little flour then cut your shapes, peeling away excess dough as you work. Gather the excess dough into a ball and re-roll it.
- Bake the cookies on a tray lined with parchment paper for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
What’s your favourite holiday cookie? Tell me in the comments below!
Disclaimer: Although this product was sent to me for review, all opinions expressed are honest and 100% my own.