Fact: Life is better with freshly baked cookies.
It’s been a hot minute since I last posted a recipe, so I come to you with open arms and a plate filled with freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. Made with almond flour, collagen peptides and zero sugar, here are far healthier than your average chocolate chip cookie, but you won’t be able to tell from the way they taste. Soft with just the right amount of sweetness, these cookies have become my favourite (almost) no guilty cookie recipes.
I specifically used Madagascar Vanilla ghee instead of coconut oil because it really helps the vanilla flavour come through which I love. I also recommend using pure maple syrup and vanilla extract if you can because it really does make all the difference.
I’ve adapted this recipe from @ambitiouskitchen. If you don’t already follow her on Instagram, you’re missing out. Her feed is just gorgeous and so inspiring. I swear you’ll want to make everything she posts.
Almond Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 tbsp Madagascar Vanilla ghee (I used 4th & Heart)
1/4 pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 cup Vital Proteins Vanilla Coconut Collagen Peptides
2/3 cups dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the vanilla ghee, maple syrup, eggs and vanilla extract and mix until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, baking soda, sea salt and VP collagen peptides. Once combined, add the mixture to the wet mixture.
- Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Drop about a tablespoon of dough on the baking sheet leaving 2 inches between each (they spread as they bake) and press down on each making them 1/4″ thick.
- Bake 11-13 minutes until cookies begin turning golden brown on the edges.
- Let the cookies cool 5 minutes before transferring them to a baking rack to cool completely.
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. Although some products were sent to me for review, all opinions expressed are 100% my own.